How to Export Adobe PDF to Excel?
Why Need We Export PDF to Excel?
Short for PDF, Portable Document Format has become the most widely used format in sharing and storing documents and data. That's because:
1. PDF is a stand-alone format and is compatible in any device and OS, which means, you can view your PDF files in your PC, Laptop, as well as on Mac, Windows, or Unix Platform.
2. PDF files are often compressed files. It takes less space than the original files.
Though, PDF is quite popular in daily life, working and study, sometimes we need to switch to other document formats, like Excel. And we might need to quote some text or statistic from PDF. But, Adobe Reader doesn't have the editing feature. If we want to calculate or analyze PDF data on Excel, we need to copy data from PDF to Ms excel spreadsheet. That's why we need to export PDF to Excel.
How do we Export PDF to Excel?
Two PDF tools could export PDF to Excel — Adobe Acrobat or PDF to Excel Converter.
The First Way to Export PDF to Excel: Adobe Acrobat1. In Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro (or other versions), open the PDF file you need to export. Firstly, you need to make sure that you open PDF files using Adobe Acrobat, not Adobe Reader.
2. One of the easiest ways is to click "Text" tool and then select all the table data. Right clicks and choose "Save as Table". Then you could see that the data was saved as .csv document. Then it is pretty easy for you to open the file in Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet.
The Second Way to Export PDF to Excel: PDF to Excel Converter
1. Download the program and install it following the instructions.
2. Import the PDF files to the control panel. The PDF to Excel Converter allows you to export PDF to Excel in batch in one go. You can also set the page range of each file.
3. Click Convert button and the work is done.
The Comparison of Two ways
With Acrobat, you need to save the file as Excel file manually, and export one PDF file to Excel document at a time. Besides, you need to reformat the data in Excel.
With PDF to Excel Converter, you can convert PDF to Excel in batch automatically . There is no need to re-edit the exported Excel file before you use.
Adobe Acrobat would cost you $299, while PDF to Excel Converter $29.95.
Adobe Acrobat is a comprehensive PDF editor for multiple purposes, while PDF to Excel Converter is dedicated to exporting PDF to Excel, more specifically.